CHEMOEXFOLIATION / DERMA-NEEDLING POSTOP INSTRUCTIONS
What to expect :
- Redness for ½ hour or more after the treatment. Makeup can be applied immediately.
- If you only had a peel without the Micro Dermaneedle, you may develop Saran Wrap looking skin for 1 to 5 days. Your skin may feel tight just before it starts to peel. Occasionally, an area may become red and swollen for 1-2 days. This occurs most commonly on the neck or if you have had a stronger peel. When peeling starts, Pretty Feet & Hands can be used twice a day to speed up peeling (available at our office).
- If you had Derma-Needling with a peel, do not expect much peeling. Derma-needling works in the dermis preserving the epidermis (epidermis is what peels in a peel) – Flaking will start 3 to 5 days after.
How to take care of the area treated :
1. Sunscreen every morning, moisturizer at night.
2. If you experience swelling, cool compresses work the best. Apply frozen peas or ice in a ziplock bag, 10 minutes 3-4 times a day. Apply A & D Ointment to red or tender areas. If itchiness develops, use Hydrocortisone Cream.
3. To speed up the healing process, starting in 5 days, massage Pretty Hands and Feet (sold here) on your face for 1 minute and then wash off. Do this 2 times a day until peeling stops. The paraffin wax in this product will peel off flaky skin more quickly and speed up the peeling process. Wait 7-8 days on the neck and chest; 2 weeks on the arms and hands to use Pretty Hands and Feet on those areas.
What you can and cannot do after the peel :
-You can wear makeup, sunscreen and SkinCeuticals Vit. C/E/Ferulic
– Wait 3 days to start restart Retin A.
– Wear sunscreen and a hat if you plan to be in the sun.
– Any questions, please call our office at (858)784-0590.