CHEMOEXFOLIATION / DERMA-NEEDLING POSTOP INSTRUCTIONS
What to expect :
How to take care of the area treated :
1. Sunscreen every morning, moisturizer at night.
2. If you experience swelling, cool compresses work the best. Apply frozen peas or ice in a ziplock bag, 10 minutes 3-4 times a day. Apply A & D Ointment to red or tender areas. If itchiness develops, use Hydrocortisone Cream.
3. To speed up the healing process, starting in 5 days, massage Pretty Hands and Feet (sold here) on your face for 1 minute and then wash off. Do this 2 times a day until peeling stops. The paraffin wax in this product will peel off flaky skin more quickly and speed up the peeling process. Wait 7-8 days on the neck and chest; 2 weeks on the arms and hands to use Pretty Hands and Feet on those areas.
What you can and cannot do after the peel :
-You can wear makeup, sunscreen and SkinCeuticals Vit. C/E/Ferulic
- Wait 3 days to start restart Retin A.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat if you plan to be in the sun.
- Any questions, please call our office at (858)784-0590.
Dr. Mary Dobry is a board certified dermatologist in private practice serving the San Diego, California area for 24 years. The dermatology practice is located at 4130 La Jolla Village Dr., St 207, La Jolla, CA 92037. 858-784-0590.